Being honest with your employees is beneficial. Let them know their strengths and the areas that need improvement. Help them where you can, provide them the tools they need or point them in a direction to find the tools they need. Encourage team assistance for each other that will promote a better working environment. Seek out and destroy agitators. 😉
1. Check your Own Attitude at the Door
The core of motivation comes from you, the manager.
- Remain consistent in your expectations and your reaction to day to day dilemmas that may arise.
- Do not ever fly off the handle, take a moment to breathe and respond instead of reacting. We will cover more ways to handle difficult situations later this week.
- Listen to all concerns of employees, maintaining eye contact, arms to your side, and nodding to acknowledge you do hear them.
- Regularly offer your employees unsolicited feedback on a daily basis.
2. Making the Most Out of Team Meetings
Make sure to touch base with your team often. Things that are mandatory to an encouraging Team Meeting:
- Find something the team has improved on as a team over the course of the past month (Sales, Cleanliness, Meeting Deadlines, etc.) and start the meeting by praising them for it…
View original post 571 more words